Sam is an Austin native, a veteran, and a third-generation lawyer. He has tried and won over 15 jury trials in civil court and has worked as an attorney at the Texas Special Prosecution Unit – Civil Division, and as a Legal Assistance Attorney for Texas Military Forces. From 2013 to 2015, while Sam worked as a Legal Assistance Attorney, he ran the tax office, which served all Texas National Guard Soldiers and retirees.
After a short stint as a solo practitioner, Sam and TL Fahring formed “Denton & Fahring, PLLC” in February 2017. Sam’s practice focuses on state and federal tax controversy and litigation.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2010
- Founder, Texas Law Veterans Association
- Member, Texas Environmental Law Journal
B.S., Speech Communication, cum laude, Texas Christian University, 2003
- Distinguished Military Graduate
- Member of Sigma Pi Chi Honor Society and Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society
- Texas Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Aileen Hooks & Sam Denton, Barnett Shale Under Pressure: Will Congress Enact Further Restrictions?, 40 Tex. Envtl. L. J. 135 (2009).
- Sam Denton, Six Tips for Navigating the Process of Separation and Divorce: A Legal Perspective, The Dispatch (May 2015).